Şişecam Clear Float Glass can be cut to sizes required and secondary processes such as edge working, bending, toughening, heat strengthening, laminating, coating, double glazingand making intomirror can be applied to ensure additional functions:
- safety & security
- heat control
- solar control
- heat and solar control
- noise control
Float glass is the basic product for construction, decoration, automotive, home appliances, agriculture and energy sectors.
- Glass packs or crates should be stored at an angle of 5o from the vertical. If bowing of the crates is observed, they should not be stored further and the row should be unpacked immediately.
- Glass packs or crates should not be stored outside. They should be stored in a closed environment where appropriate temperature and humidity conditions are provided. Recommended values for storage: temperature between 9-25oC, humidity <70% . During the storage of the packs and the crates, contact with rain, snow or any kind of water should be avoided. High risk of corrosion should be considered when the glass panes get wet during storage. Therefore, if the glass panes get wet because of condensation or any other reason, they should be cleaned immediately before drying.
- The loading or unloading of the packs from the stillages should be well balanced.
- For the storage of the Jumbo packs, wooden wedges with rubber are recommended.
- For the storage of the machine or split sizes, wooden or metal (with rubber) wedges are recommended.
- Stillage and the wedges should be supported with rubber pieces in order to tolerate the level differences that are originating from the ground.
- Wooden wedges should be made out of hornbeam or beech that are dried in an oven.
- Glass packs, in which there are broken or cracked panes, must not be stored.
- Hardness of the water to be used for washing the glass panes should be maximum 5o Fr and pH should be between 6-8. The electrical conductivity of the washing water is recommended as 1 µS/cm for the glasses to be coated off-line and less than 30 µS/cm for insulating glass units. Brushes of the washing machine should be soft in order to avoid scratches on the glass. The water on the glass should be removed with air knife before drying.
Carrying and Handling (in the plant)
- Glass packs or crates should be carried at an angle of 5o from the vertical. (Never horizontal)
- Outdoor transportations should be made with closed vehicles that are protected from dust and water.
- There should not be any broken or cracked panes inside the glass packs. Broken or cracked panes have the risk to scratch the glasses by side, and may cause injury.
- Glass packs should be stepped on rubber or pad floor. Direct contact with metal or wood should be avoided.
- An appropriate interleaving material such as powder or paper should be used between the glass panes. Inappropriate material can cause scratches, cracks and corrosion. In case of paper used as interleaving material, the pH should be between 5,5-7 and it should not leave any ash when it is burned.
- All interleaving material should be clean and dry.
- Loading and carrying equipment should undamaged.
- Glass packs or crates should be fastened to the vehicle during transportation.
- Loading or unloading of the glass packs or crates to the vehicle should be carried out with appropriate equipment. Inappropriate equipment can cause accidents and breakages of glass. Removing the packages of glass should be made with care.
- Cutting wheel, cutting oil and cutting pressure should be appropriate.
- The glass should be snapped off immediately after cutting process is completed.
- The surfaces of the cutting tables should be clean and smooth.
- The glass that will be cut should have the same temperature all around. Glass that is exposed to sunshine may not be cut properly because of the temporary stresses.
- If glasses are heat-treated above 480oC, cutting and breaking problems can occur due to the secondary processes.
Şişecam Clear Float Glass is manufactured in accordance with
- EN 572-2 Glass in Building- Basic Soda Lime Silicate Glass Products - Part 2: Float glass and,
- ISO-9000 Quality Management System and ISO-14000 Quality Environmental Management System .